Olympic gymnastics champion Aliya Mustafina Russian woman, who took second place in the ranking of the most successful athletes of the last year in a conversation with the Information Agency “F-Sport” Veronica Stolbunova told about life outside of sports, controversy with the coach and his main supporters.
- Alia, in the compilation of “R-Sport” rating you take second place. As you are such a decision the experts?
- In fact, pleasantly surprised.
- Your main rivals are Evgenia Kanaeva has won first place, and Maria Sharapova, who went to third. What can you say about them?
- I think it is very true that Jack won, because she is very beautiful, and as a person, I know her, she is very good. Well, about Maria Sharapova me nothing much to say.
- What is your life outside of gymnastics?
- In fact, it is not: we do all day, all the time in the room, three training sessions a day. Therefore, there is no time specified, and the forces too.
© RIA Novosti. Alexei Druzhinin
August 15, 2012. Russian President Vladimir Putin at the opening ceremony of presenting state awards to Russian Olympic team in the Alexander Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace. Right – Olympic gymnastics champion Aliya Mustafina.
- But you may have encountered with your friends?
- Yes, it happens, but very rarely.
- And do you have any hobbies, hobby?
- No, there is no such special. Sport takes all the power.
- Maybe some kind of relationship there?
- No comments (laughs).
- Who is your main fan?
- This is my dad.
- So is your dad, and brought you into gymnastics, right? Goes with you on all the competition?
- Yes. He especially does not go to the competition, but I think it is sick and going through as I am.
- The Pope has often criticized? To criticism of it?
- Criticism is not often, but when something speaks, I listen, of course.
- And whose opinion in the sports world for you important?
- Probably, in this case, the view of my coach (Alexander Alexandrov).
- How have you formed a relationship with him? Disputes are?
- Of course, no dispute in any way. Now lately it clean. Without controversy anywhere, but good work.
- It happens that appeals to the coach for life advice?
© RIA Novosti. Vladimir Astapkovich
Russia’s Aliya Mustafina, who won a bronze medal in the floor exercise in women, during the awards ceremony at the XXX Olympic Games in London.
- No, I did not.
- Aliya, you think that after the Olympic Games in London you grew up? 18 years old for you is considered an adult?
- I personally do not notice. Maybe from the outside, but I did not tell anybody. Do not know: eighteen and eighteen.
- You are often compared with Svetlana Khorkina. As you are such a comparison?
- Compare – let compare. But I, roughly speaking, I do not find anything to do.
- Do you have sports idols growing up?
- No, never.
- Did you ever get away from racing?
- One time I was so: I do not have a given ratio to the first coach (Dina Kamalova), then I thought to finish, but after walking into the room a couple of weeks, I realized that it was not an option.
- How do you find a motivated and tune in to start?
- Attitude – normal and fighting. We must go out and do all nice and good.
- That is not even any of the ritual?
- No, no.
- Alia, thank you for the interview and good luck for the upcoming launch in Penza.
- Thank you.
All news story